The Female Figure as a Catalyst for Equality and Self-Determination
In a world shaped by patriarchal norms, my art emerges as a fierce outcry against oppressive structures and a powerful celebration of self-determination and equality. Through expressive drawings and paintings on raw canvas, I delve into the complexities of the female figure, inviting the viewer to explore the resilience, strength, and vulnerability that resides within.
Raw canvas, with it’s unpretentious, unrefined texture, serves as a metaphor for the raw potential within each individual, untainted by the constraints imposed by societal norms. My art becomes a reflection of the inherent power found within each individual, unfiltered and unapologetic. Every brushstroke is an act of defiance, challenging the patriarchal gaze and offering an alternative narrative – one that celebrates the power of femininity. My work navigates through pain and triumph, despair and hope, as we reclaim the agency over our own lives.
The female figures in my art emanate a sense of autonomy, embracing their bodies and identities free from external judgement. They radiate a profound authenticity, each one telling her story with grace and determination.
Through the interplay of color, form, and emotion, I aim to provoke introspection and inspire a collective call for change. My art beckons to question the patriarchal structures that permeate our lives and impedes progress towards a world of genuine equality. It acts as a catalyst for reflection, sparking conversations that dismantle stereotypes and prejudice, paving the way for a more inclusive and compassionate society.
My art stands as a testament to the indomitable spirit of women as active agents of change. As each brushstroke bears witness to the struggles and triumphs of the female experience, it reinforces the idea that our journey towards self-determination and equality is one that we have to embark upon together.
- 1964 born in Berlin as the son of an architect and a librarian
- 1982 beginning of artistic work (painting, sculpture) as autodidact
- 1982 first steel sculptures in the metal workshop of „Schulfarm Insel Scharfenberg“, Berlin
- 1985 living in Spain
- 1986 – 1988 working in a screen printing workshop
- 1989 – 1995 working as exhibition and computer graphic designer
- 1995 founding of the design studio „HAHN IMAGES“
- since 1996 participation in various group exhibitions in Berlin and Granada (Spain)
- 1996 Winner of a „Kunst am Bau“ competition and realization of the steel sculpture „Drei Grazien“ (Three Graces)
- 2013 Group exhibition „Macht Kunst“, Deutsche Bank Kunsthalle, Berlin
- 2014 Competition participation „Berlin Art Prize 2014“
- 2015 Group exhibition „Macht Kunst – Ihre Skulptur für Berlin“, Deutsche Bank Kunsthalle, Berlin
- 2016 Solo studio exhibition at the Malzfabrik, Berlin
- 2016 Installation of the sculpture „Drei Grazien“ at the Malzfabrik, Berlin
- 2016 Participation at „Kunst am Bau“ competition of „DPMA Deutsches Patent- und Markenamt“
- 2018 Participation at „Berlin Art Prize 2018″ competition
- 2019 Participation at „Berlin Art Prize 2019“ competition
- 2022 Participation at competition „Loreley-Statue im Welterbe Oberes Mittelrheintal“